Friday 19 April, 2013
Let’s Get One Thing Straight …
. . . HAIR.
Do you straighten?
Just last week I was part of the Bigger, Badder Hair Brigade on With Some Grace, showing off my fabulous 80s frizzy perm. Back then, straight hair was daggy, only for hippies from the 70′s – whereas now of course it’s the “in thing”.
Not surprisingly, Miss 16′s daily beauty regime includes considerable time straightening her hair.
So we jumped at the chance to try out JoBaz Everyday Straight Hair – promising 3 months of straight hair, all in a small DIY home kit.
Her hair is naturally fine and wavy, and she has been colouring it regularly for the last two years or more. In fact when my Dad rings, he will jokingly ask: “And what colour is Miss 16′s hair this week?!”
The Process in 10 Steps:
1. Wash hair and towel dry.
2. Apply straightening gel and leave in for 10 – 20 minutes (she left it on for 20 minutes). I have to say, the smell was not terribly pleasant and reminded me of the perming solution I knew so well in the 80s!
3. Rinse hair for 3 – 6 minutes.
4. Towel dry hair.
5. Apply the Keratin protein and leave in for 10 minutes, then rinse out for 1 to 3 minutes.
6. Blow dry hair until it’s approximately 80% dry.
7. Straighten hair as best as possible.
8. Apply fixing cream using a comb, being careful to ensure hair is perfectly straight. Leave to develop for 10 minutes.
9. Rinse hair for several minutes, then use Keratin protein again as you would a conditioner (ie leave in for 1 minutes, rinse out for 3).
10. Dry and style hair as normal, give it a quick straightening again to seal.
Note that you can’t wash your hair for 3 days afterwards, and you shouldn’t tie your hair back either.
Miss 16 finds she still has to straighten the ends each morning, but it takes only a minute or two instead of 15. Also, she is pleased that her hair doesn’t go fuzzy in the Queensland humidity!
It takes about 3 hours and 4 showers to use JoBaz Everyday Staight Hair, but if you like to wear your hair straightened most of the time, this is a worthwhile product. Your hair may not wind up perfectly straight but it will definitely make straightening a lot quicker and easier. And at RRP $29.95, it is a huge saving on getting the procedure done at the hairdressers.
I can’t help wondering if Miss 16 will one day look back at her straightened hair and giggle (like I do at my 80′ s pics!) – or if she will remember how HAWT she looked when she was 16!
Review: Miss 16 Reviews Everyday Straight.
DON'T JUST TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT!
WHERE TO BUY
- • PRICELINE
- • BIG W
- • WOOLWORTHS
- • SELECTED PHARMACIES
- • FARMERS
- • COUNTDOWN
- • NEW WORLD STORES
Thursday 30 October, 2014
Monday 21 July, 2014
Wednesday 27 November, 2013